1. Spinbox isn’t turning on, what should I do?
First, try turning the “auto off” switch to off and then turn on the power. This is the most common issue when it comes to powering on. If this doesn’t fix the problem, please email a video of your Spinbox to us at [email protected]
2. There’s excessive bass humming, how can I fix this?
Put Mr. Smoothy on the end of tonearm, as in this photo:1
If that doesn’t work or it still seems off, please email [email protected] with a video of your issue.
3. My module holder arrived torn. Is this a problem?
We apologize to anyone whose module holder arrived damaged. This occasionally happens if the package endures a rough delivery.
In general, it doesn’t affect the functionality, as the module holder is there to resist the vibration of the top cover. You can still use it as it is.
However, we are happy to send another module holder to anyone who requests it.
If you want one, please send a photo of your damaged module holder to [email protected] along with the following information:
- Shipping address
- Phone number
4. Where can I register my Spinbox membership?
You can register your Spinbox membership on http://spinbox.cc/
Click the link that says “New Signup? Register for an Account”
Our membership programme is still in development so expect information about lots of partner record shops in the near future!
5. What is the warranty policy?
Spinbox is a DIY product and assembly through user manual is required.
Spinbox does not contain maintenance services or warranties. However, all Spinbox kits come with a conditional 7-day full-return: undamaged, unassembled, and with inventory intact.
We are happy to help you with any questions you have after you open your Spinbox, such as missing or broken parts and / or assembly issues.
Please feel free to contact us after you receive your Spinbox at [email protected]
We will do our best to help you navigate the vinyl world with ease!
6. Does Spinbox work with DVS system?
Yes. You need a 3.5mm minijack to RCA cable to connect Spinbox to your DVS Sound interface. You also need a control vinyl.
7. Can I play digital audio files such as WAV, AIFF, and MP3 on Spinbox?
You can! Just connect your own device like an iPhone or laptop via 3.5mm mini jack cable to “Line-in” on Spinbox and you’ll be ready to go!
8. Can you also use Spinbox to make digital audio files such as WAV, AIFF or MP3 from a vinyl album?
Yes, it’s possible, however to be clear, Spinbox doesn’t have a digital output.
Yet while many turntables are phono out (which require a phono preamp to convert), Spinbox is line level out and that makes it easier to digitise the audio.
You can convert analog sound to digital using line level out in various ways.
We recommend reading this helpful article from B&H that explains how: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/audio/tips-and-solutions/how-record-vinyl-records-computer
9. Can Spinbox have anti-skate or needle pressure adjustment?
For the default setting of the core module, there are no anti-skate and needle pressure features.
10. What kind of adapter does Spinbox need?
Because all USB supplies 5V electricity, any kind of USB charger is compatible with Spinbox.
11. Is Spinbox belt driven?
Yes, it is.
12. My core module doesn’t seem to be working properly, help?
If you have issues with speed, rotation, or other problems with your core module, please send a video to [email protected]
We’ll figure out what’s going on and either help you fix it or send you a new core module, if necessary.
13. Is it normal to hear sound quietly coming from Spinbox when it’s connected to external speakers?
With vinyl, it’s normal to hear some light sound that’s created when the needle runs across the record.
If you feel there is an abnormal audio issue, please take a video and send it with a description of the problem to [email protected]
14. My record seems to be wobbling slightly. What’s up with that?
Our core module is partially made of plastic so that Spinbox is lightweight and portable, which does result in a slight wobble. However, this does not affect the playing or your records.
15. I still haven’t received my Spinbox! Where is it?
All Spinbox purchased through Kickstarter were shipped out during December 2017 so there may be a problem with your package. We’re sorry for any shipping delays.
Check this page to see information: http://postserv.post.gov.tw/pstmail/main_mail.html
Enter the tracking number that we emailed to you last month. If you’re missing your tracking number, please email us at [email protected]
If there is no information on that site, please contact us at [email protected] and we will look into it for you. You may need an invoice to deliver to customs in order to release your order.
16. I got my Spinbox but where’s my Record Pack?
The record for the record pack is still in production. We’re going to send those out later this year. We’ll keep everyone who bought them posted on the timeline as we figure out details.
17. Do I have to pay import tax?
In some cases, yes. Customs procedures and fees are unfortunately out of our control. They’re decided by each country individually.
We’ve declared Spinbox in line with each country’s laws for international purchases so they are the ones who make the decision on the cost of release of imported goods.
18. I need an invoice to send to customs, how do I request one?
Please email us and we’ll send you one right away – [email protected]
19. Is it possible to buy more Spinbox, replacement styluses, and accessories?
Yes it is! You can currently buy all of our products through our Backerkit pre-order page.
Pre-orders will ship out gradually as we receive them.
20. Does Spinbox offer replacement cartridges? What is the cartridge made out of?
Spinbox uses a ceramic cartridge. It is connected to the core module so we can not offer a replacement cartridge separately.
21. Can I buy extra parts?
Yes, please contact us to buy extra parts at [email protected]
22. Can you send me a template to customize my Spinbox?
Yes, for the top part we can. Please email us at [email protected] and we’ll send that to you.
Unfortunately, we’re currently unable to provide the template for the bottom part of the exterior but by measuring it, you should be able to customize that section yourself.
23. Can you help answer my questions about Spinbox modifications?
We will do our best to help! Email us at [email protected]
24. I put the golden plate in the wrong place. Will this be a big problem?
It won’t hurt the player itself but it does make a slight difference in sound quality. You can remove it gently and then tape it to where it’s supposed to be to fix it! 🙂
25. I received the wrong number of springs / screws / parts, help?
Email us at [email protected] and we will send you what you’re missing.
26. Can you send me a longer cable?
We don’t offer cables other than what we’ve included. However, you can purchase a longer micro USB cable through any online or physical retailer that sells them!
27. How can I request a refund?
If you’d like a refund, please contact us at [email protected] letting us know. The steps are as follows:
1. Pack and send back your Spinbox to the following address:
Spinbox Team, Li-Chieh Kao
2F., No.5, Ln. 128, Sec. 2, Zhongshan N. Rd., Zhongshan Dist.,
Taipei City 104, Taiwan
2. Declare the value of the price as US$0 when you send it.
3. Attach the receipt of shipping fee and let us know how much you spend.
4. Send an email with the scan of receipt and your Paypal account email so we can refund you via Paypal.
We will do our best to process your refund as quickly as we can.
28. You haven’t answered one of my emails / messages, what’s going on?
We apologize for any delays in answering your messages. We’re a small team doing our best to stay on top of things, but occasionally we miss something.
If you haven’t heard back from us, the best thing to do is to email us again with a subject line that contains your name and question / issue at [email protected] – please include a copy of your original email when you do.
Thank you for your patience.
29. I have a question that isn’t listed here, what should I do?
Please email us at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to help!